Targeting holiday gift-givers with pay-per-click advertisements offers a wealth of new opportunities. If last year was a success, then stick with what resonates with your audience, however, to get more out of your PPC budget and expand your audience, try these digital marketing ideas:
Use landing pages featuring reviews to reassure a new customer that the recipient will love their surprise gift
- Create ads with shipping date information so people will know that they can still order from you
- Highlight generous return policies
- Feature Cyber Monday deals
- Feature last minute deals
- Don’t forget to mention Christmas or Xmas in your ads
- Create a landing page and PPC ad for secret Santa gifts under a certain dollar amount
When creating PPC ads with shipping date information and sale dates, use the countdown feature to create a sense of urgency.
The stakes are high during the holiday season. Double or triple your bids; your competitors will be doing the same thing. Consider Dynamic Search Ads to get the attention of shoppers looking for gifts that you wouldn’t consider a typical Christmas gift.
Finally, don’t forget to adjust your bids in January or you’ll see your holiday profits dwindling as your ROI tanks.